Hello Sophisticated Spenders! I wanted to take a second to introduce myself to all of my readers.
I founded SophisticatedSpender.com, a personal finance blog is 2011. We are based in Washington, D.C. and have been a full-time engineer for the U.S. Government for the past 11 years. Side hustles are my passion. After being motivated by FinCon2016, I partnered with a fellow FinConner to create a side hustle income challenge. One short month later, the side hustle turned into a full brick and mortar business called Sip & Sew, Old Town. I am also a Zumba and INSANITY instructor.
1. I’m an engineer.
2. I went to the Ohio State University.
3. My degree is in Electrical & Computer Engineering.
4. It took me 7 years to get said degree (don’t judge).
5. I’m an awesome landlord (3 units and counting).
6. I used to be a day trader.
7. I LOVE Zumba (and food).
8. I’m a Zumba instructor (during my free time).
9. I also teach Insanity.
10. I started this blog on May 16, 2011 (and lost everything and restarted it again, twice).